Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Why Are These Men Single??

Imagine you’re sitting on your couch, checking your online dating emails and you open one from someone you’ve never conversed with before. All it says is: “Let’s get together!”
I don’t know what you would do, but I immediately erupted into giggles while mentally singing, “yeah, yeah, yeah!”
These are the kind of things my brain does when I read ridiculous messages. Some might find it weird, but I think a good sense of humor is required to get through all of the crazies that come with cyber dating. A sense of humor and standards.
Sometimes, I’ll admit, I’m a little judgmental of the initial message (and someone’s profile). If you can’t type more than one sentence in your first attempt of contact, then what’s the point?? The worst ones are those that just say “hi.”

Grammar error. Enough said.

Can you imagine how long it would take to get to know each other if I responded with the same amount of “umph” that he did with each message?
But some people, *shakes head* some people really make that one sentence count.
Bdub***: “Yesss I want some of you”
What am I? A topping on your dessert?
Rob****: “Your face is gorgeous”
Thanks. I formed it myself.
-------------------------------------------------------
On the opposite side of the spectrum, another interesting factor to observe is how quickly people progress (and display) their feelings:

Well that was fast! And I didn't even have to lift a finger!

 You know what still amazes me? Well, I bet you can guess because I know this is now your favorite part of this blog. :) I can't ever go too long without finding a picture where I can’t help but stare and think, why would you post this???
Exhibit A: Seriously???

The best part about this photo however, is that you know that the girl behind him agrees with me! Maybe he’s hoping we wouldn’t notice her….but maybe he should have taken that as an indicator of what our reactions would be.

It's true. Egos are also affected by the old saying, "Everything's bigger in Texas!"

Exhibit B: I see that you’re trying to go for a close up picture to demonstrate your artistic side, but I think you forgot about something…Even if this is an old picture. Attention to details is kind of necessary in this situation.

Dating site...wedding ring....not a good combo.


Exhibit C: I….I….*sigh* I don’t know.
Who were you taking this for? Or do you just pose like this all the time?

Now for the next example, I just want to say that I am for the armed forces and supporting our men and women for their sacrifices. Also, I know that often their lifestyle and humor, etc. can be very different than ours…but either way, I don’t find this attractive or studly.

What made this somewhat ironic though is that after I viewed his profile, he decided to message me. His word choice was perfect…
“I’m really beaten up that I live a whole hour away from u lol” (he lives in Tucson)
I thought: not as beaten up as that cardboard cutout probably was, so I’m not too worried about it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To end this post, I'd just like to say that there was an almost, not really, but close celebrity sighting on the site. Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Scrubs Fans, come on...

No comments:

Post a Comment