Tuesday, September 25, 2012

An Award Ceremony for the Internetly Awkward

I think it's time we gave awards to the Best of Categories once again as there have been some pretty creative profile making and message construction as of late.

These are the Best Openers:

Random but honest


So polite in his request to pounce a woman!
 I'm very excited to share these next "winners" with you becuase I've combined my love for the app PicStitch with my findings for this blog and I think you'll like what I've put together.

I’ve saved a few pictures over time to better display some of the awesomeness that is PlentyOfFish. It has become apparent through my PoF exploration just how far people are willing to go to portray, or maybe a better verb would be to advertise, themselves. Well, at least they’re putting the real them out there for viewers to see. And thank the blog gods they did! ;)
These gentlemen receive the award for Most Revealing!
How much will you reveal about yourself?
Since we are approaching Halloween (ok, it's a ways away but you've already seen the decorations at grocery stores), these gentlemen --and yes, they're all of the male gender-- receive the award for Best Costumes:

Halloween inspiration, anyone?

And the final award is for the Most Ridiculous ManChild:
I know you've seen me use this term before. It's an official term in the dictionary, in case you were wondering. ManChildren are quite possibly my favorite profiles to find because they're so cute and adorable and usually provide quite the laugh. This particular ManChild was just asking to be scrutinized when he first created his PoF username: ****LoveGuru

This was his message:

What.A.Charmer!
So of course, I HAVE to click on his profile to see what kind of a man would deem himself a love guru. Apparently a 21-year-old divorcee. Does that seem right to you?
 
He's very confident in his knowledge of women, as you can read in his catchphrase.
And finally, we put a face to the username: and even learn his favorite flavor for his bottle ;) But really, he looks like a freaking Munchkin from the Lollipop Gild holding that bottle of Grey Goose. It's half his size!
 
Yo Guru,you look like you're 12. Put the bottle down, kid, and invest in some weights.

On a completely unrelated note, below is The Random Thought of the Week:
This is one picture from a man's profile (I refered to him in my head as The Hulk).


 This may not be what I was suppose to notice when the Hulk decided to share a photo of himself, shirtless, in his beautiful kitchen (which he is very proud of, if you had only seen  how many photos he includes in his profile of his kitchen) but anyways…my only thought was, What is up with the hulk's kitchen chairs? How does one sit in those? Seriously, take a second look!
Well, that's all I have for this week. Hope you've enjoyed this month's award session. Oh and one last thing, I found this on Pinterest and thought it was really funny. I'm sure this is how many people on PoF feel if they've been on the site for more than a few months.


Happy Fishing!

 


2 comments:

  1. Mmm, adorable indeed. Did you add that censor box or was that there to begin with?

    Then again, I'm not sure we want to know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That censored sign is part of the original picture. He was kind enough to protect our eyes with his own creative solution.

    ReplyDelete