Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love Is In The Air...It's Rather Rude Actually

What is the center point of our lives? If you're thinking your career (making that $$money$$) or your hobbies, you're lying to yourself. It's Love. Why else would thousands...hundreds of thousands...maybe millions (OK you get the point, a lot of friggin online users.) go through tireless efforts to find "true love?" Watch any movie trailer and 95% of the time, there will be at least some aspect of love or romance in it. Even in the true action/masculine movies, Bond gets the girl and *spoiler alert* Django rescues his woman from her captors. The point is, Love is everywhere. But because our world has become so consumed with career driven/hard working and sisterhood of the traveling pants kind of people, it's not easy finding time to actually stop and meet new people (and continue one on one communication). Hence the birth of online dating! So whether you like it or not, it's pretty much guaranteed that you will get love shoved in your face from time to time. Even Facebook wants a piece of that pie. But not to capitalize on it of course, just because they're genuinely interested in your love life's well-being.



Online dating sounds simple enough. You find a profile that interests you in a person and you message them with a few words or send them an image of a rose (yes, it happens). However, so often, when you really like the profile on your screen and go to click the "message" button, it's so easy to absolutely freeze. What the hell are you gonna say that's both original and direct but not creepy?  Well, this guys approach certainly didn't work...

Unique, yes. Relevant? Not so much.

But you have to at least give the guy credit for trying. This poor fella below chickened out before I even had a chance to read his message that very day.
Then there are the people who make it easy to break the ice by opening that humorous can of worms before you even message them. You're damn straight I clicked on a profile solely because this was its main picture...


By the way, this isn't at all what he looks like. I almost messaged him to tell him how awesome he was for having this kind of sense of humor.

Another example: although it's a little more strange considering he's 30 years old, that's almost what makes it so awesome.


zooming in....

yesss.....

This is probably an obvious statement, but I absolutely hate this actually very common approach to "first messaging"...it's the rude/jackass/I'm a dick approach.


Why yes, sir. I'm bat shit crazy. You probably don't want to mess with me. ---- It just assumes that something is wrong with me and that is why I'm single.

At least this guy gave me the out of possibly putting the blame on the opposite gender (example below) instead of just me, but it's still a little ridiculous. Maybe I just haven't met a person who I click with. Maybe I'm shy. Either way. Rude.

Now, enter the sleazeball:


Should I be flattered by this? This just gives me an awkward image of talking to this guy and all he can do is stare south of my face. Then he slowly reaches out to touch just one and *SMACK*! mwahahaha

I'm also concerned that a few of PoF users are bipolar...This started off so promising and sweet and then...

How cheap and dirty does this sound to you? It definitely made me wear my sad/shocked face when I finished reading the message. How disappointing, right? And kinda creepy. Essentually what he is saying is: "I want to admire you from an impersonal distance."

This last message wasn't really as much douchy as it was just bizarre and unexpected.


I responded to Jim to tell him about the many place Tempe, AZ has to offer, like Four Peaks Brewery, a few good spots on Mill Ave, hiking & activity places etc. Then he replied, "Thanks!" and that's it. I feel used. lol

Finally, Happy Valentine's Day / Singles Awareness / Post Desperation Day! I hope you all take the time to spend the day with someone you love (or at least like a lot) like a partner or good friend or family.

But before you go, I thought I'd share a photo that makes me think that Brad Pitt and Zoolander got together to make a child...


-Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment