Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gamble With Me And You'll Not Only Lose, You'll End Up Online In A Public Forum

As I said in my last post, I have someone who I'd like to introduce you all to, without any editing, fuzzy words, nada. This is going to be somewhat brief but I hope the point comes across successfully anyways.

This is *presumably* Dale. Below are the sections of his profile. Feel free to read over all of it but I’m going to point out particular contradictions and just interesting things about it just to get the ball rolling.
Let me just say now, sir. You don't want to gamble your chances with me. I'll take you out before you can Ace of Spades.


So hopefully, you agree with me that something is definitely off about this guy's profile. At the very least, in the interests of a young female participating in online dating. So imagine my surprise (and more) when I received a message from him. This message, in fact...


There are not enough words to describe what went through my brain when I read this. A small summary: "WTF?!?! ... How specific was I in my job description? I know I didn't actually say where I work or even my title...right?"..."How dare this asshole!....so fucking creepy....oh wait, I have a blog on which I can display this and hang this douche bag out to dry.... :)" *screen shots*....and then finally...*blocked*

Least to say, having this blog helped me feel a little better about such a message as this. This is the 21st century! If you are inappropriate and creepy online, you might as well assume it can (and will) be displayed anywhere possible so people know who you really are.

The best thing about the block feature, as I've said before, is that it flags the site to check out this person's content and see if they've done something offensive and can even result in their account termination.Well I hope that happened but just in case, if you're on PoF or any other dating site, keep his picture in the back of your memory.

I know these posts haven't been in the funny realm in a while but it's been an exhausting couple of weeks. However, even so, many of you have asked for a more honest, confrontational approach. Well, here you have it. But don't expect this too often because I prefer the funny stuff. :)

-Yours Truly

1 comment: