Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Do I Know You?--

--No, you've just been stalking my PoF profile long enough to recognize me in public. Scary, creeper man...

No, but really, this kind of actually happened. I was hanging out with my friend, Amanda, and we went to Walmart to get a few snacks for our movie night. By the time we were back at my apartment settling in to push Play, I received a message from a guy on PoF asking if I'd just been at Walmart, as he thought he saw me down the adult beverage aisle. As I glanced over at my newly opened bottle of wine, this is the face I made -->  :0  Yes, a panic-stricken ghost face.

While I'm sure the guy meant no harm, I don't think he realized how creepy that seemed. Plus, as I understand it, online dating is supposed to broaden your spectrum of people you may not otherwise run into. But if you actually run into a woman that you find attractive...why would you email them? Here's an alternative, TALK TO THEM IN PERSON. Just saying...

Due to the awkward circumstances, I didn't reply back to him.

However, I apparently have a twin out there...I'm really bummed that I don't have the screen shot any more but I was messaged a month or so ago asking if I worked at a specific Subway location? My suggestion to you, sir, is before you ask such a presumputious question, maybe you should check out my Occupation Info to confirm or deny your suspicsions. Mine reads: "Marketing Manager"...now would the MM of Subway be making you a sandwich? I think not.

On to the next sighting of my potentially evil twin...

Geez...imagine his conversing skills if he had tried to talk to "me" Friday night after a few beers?
And no, for those of you who are wondering, I wouldn't be caught dead in Vintage...Any more. Don't judge me... We all had our college days.


Now that mistake I don't mind!


Speaking of running into people you don't actually know, what about the probability of virtually running into someone you DO know? Oh, it's happened. -- I mean, it happened to a friend of mine.


Most Awkward Run-Ins

Actual Scenario #1: You meet someone from the site and begin casually dating. After date three, he deletes his profile. Soon after, you end things when you realize he’s really not that into you as a person, just your physicality. A month later, you click on a “new” person’s profile that looks interesting and turns out he has made a new one! ...well, Hey there Blitz**!  ;) (Damn, now I’ve been unjustifiably caught by the “Recently Viewed You” list! I didn’t mean to cross paths with you again, I swear.)

Actual Scenario #2: Stumbling upon the profile of your friend’s attractive older brother…eek! Obviously there is no harm in looking it over but anything further would have to depend on how close that friend is. In this case, this friend is really just an acquaintance so no permission is really needed. Plus, he just moved to Poland so really what can he do about it? :)

Actual Scenario #3: You know that guy you met ages ago because he's a friend of one of your good friends?(wait...what? exactly.) Well, you met him, instantly fell for his gorgeous smile, and then was introduced to his blonde skinny girlfriend. Awesome. But wait! Don't fret! You don't know it now but you will one day run into him on an online dating site. Win! He's obviously single. Now to message him: "Hey I don't know if you remember me..." Yeah, that conversation is not gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment