Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Internet Ink

Tattoos are a very popular topic these days. Everyone seems to have at least one, even if it's hidden behind their ear or just a tiny phrase on their finger. It’s rarer these days to not have a tattoo in our generation. They’ve become widely accepted, even among many work places. However, that doesn’t necessarily stop you from staring at someone’s tattoo and just wondering WHY??

Whether it’s because you want to congratulate them or tell them to kill themselves and stop the risk of procreation, sometimes what people chose to put on their bodies is a little bit of a mind f***. 


I always find it interesting when any non-asian people get asian symbols permanently inked into them. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just wonder how connected this guy felt to the Chinese culture prompting him to get this tattoo of the Yin & Yang- a representation of the celestial phenomenon that is the Sun and how its creates the four annual seasons. Then throw in a dragon and a tiger and you have a legitimate Defender of the Great Wall sitting before us. (Ok, now that was probably rude but I'm ok with it.)


I'm glad that this guy thought to leave an explanation for his tattoo in the description, but I still don't know what it means. Does anybody want to get truly philosophical and let me know what they come up with? K, thanks. I do have to admit though, the Bass Clef is a somewhat more masculine looking symbol than the Treble Clef.



All I see is a Tribal Clown. Anyone else? Did I just freak out half of you who have that clown phobia? My bad.



 
Is he trying to be Spiderman?

Work it, work it! Now growl for me!
These pictures aren't even really for the tattoos. I just think it's funny how he's posing in order to show them off. If that’s how you have to stand to show us your tattoos, buddy, then I would have reconsidered their placement.

Male Tramp Stamp
Can you imagine a girl's face when things are getting all steamy? She removes his pants and receives this kind of greeting…? “Hey Sexy Lady”...Also I love the way he is proudly sporting his tattoo, his dog tags and most significantly, his package for not just us, but his super close friend taking the picture on his camera phone.



For those who have trouble reading this, no worries. I read scribble really well. It says "Knowledge, Love, Respect" –three very valuable words in the English language. My only question isn’t so much as to why he chose these words, but rather, why are they so big??

I really don't have much to say about these next few tattoos but I think they're worth displaying anyways.

I'll gladly claim ignorance on this one.

There is so much happening on this Cowboy Canvas...

"If you want peace, prepare for war" in Latin

No comments:

Post a Comment